The dance style is a cross between futuristic and Egyptian. The routine contains a trio of a leading woman, and the backup dancers are women and men, switching around.
Lead Dancer (P2)
She is supposed to represent Katy as Katy-patra in the official music video for the song. She has blue hair, a red shirt and a blue skirt. During the chorus, she is in a golden bodysuit bejeweled with decorations.
Backup Dancers (P1/P3)
The backup dancers begin as female cat dancers similar to the music video, but with a blue-red scheme. They have red skin.
During the chorus, the cat dancers turn into the male servants (but with blue skin) similar to the music video and are wearing necklaces and purple shorts and shoes. They appear as shirtless.
The background seems to have come from the music video. There's a red carpet within a sand fortress and it takes place within a desert. During the chorus, pyramids appear with a color blue in the top and bottom of a pyramid in a dark sky in the background.
There are 3 Gold Moves in the Classic routine, all of which are the same:
All: Cross your arms over your chest and then shake your head during the line.''There's no going back'' The third gold move is the final move for the routine. (Similar to that of Rock n' Roll (Will Take You to the Mountain))
MashupThere are 3 Gold Moves in the Mashup:
Gold Moves 1 and 2: Bend over and put both your hands behind you while semi-crouching. (Done with She Wolf (Falling to Pieces))
Gold Move 3: Cross your arms over your chest and then shake your head. (Done with Dark Horse [P2])
Dark Horse has a Mashup with the theme Mystic Princesses, meaning that it features female dancers with a certain type of special power or a type of domination. It can be unlocked for 20 Mojocoins.
[GM#] - indicates a Gold Move. The # refers to the Gold Move's number.
Words in [ ] indicate the dominion each dancer has over.
- Dark Horse (P2) [GM3] [Egyptian] (JD2015)
- Burn [Light/Fire] (JD2015)
- She Wolf (Falling to Pieces) [GM1&GM2] [Ice] (JD2014)
- Iko Iko [Forest/Tribal] (JD2)
- Where Have You Been (Extreme) [African] (JD2014)
- Where Have You Been (Classic) [Volcano] (JD2014)
- All I Want for Christmas Is You [Christmas]
- Fatima [Arabian] (JD2015)
Dark Horse has a Community Remix.
The following are featured:
- Julia Hazama 11 [Brasil]
- JonathanGrey [USA]
- Pemafe [Italy]
- Amandamoonmu [Hong Kong]
- BadProfusion [Brasil]
- kevinshuo007 [Hong Kong]
- ailtonpjr [Brasil]
- marsu369 [Finland]
- very89 [Italy]
- soofikbm [Argentina]
- ACDCmaximo [Argentina]
- attenw [USA]
- PigBag79 [USA]
- MannerlyChalk43 [USA]
- morales360bkn [Chile]
- auoroashlie [USA]
- Bodie DC [Brasil]
- Leeh Butera 08 [Brasil]
- JustMaxiU [Chile]
- ANKIKDRES [Mexico]
- dark_moth [USA]
- melonetta [USA]
- Vitorhcl [Brasil]
- dimitrol707 [Russia]
- XComigonz90 [Chile]
Dark Horse is featured in the following Mashups:
- The song was accidentally leaked on UbiBlog and Uplay.
- This is the eleventh song by Katy Perry in the Just Dance series
- This is the fourth Egyptian-themed routine in the series after Walk Like an Egyptian, Night Boat To Cairo and Rich Girl.
- With the exception of the I Kissed a Girl’s On-Stage routine, this is the first Katy Perry song to not be a solo dancer.
- This is also the only song by Katy Perry with male dancers in the Classic mode.
- Juicy J's part was taken out for unknown reasons.
- In the picture of the full song list, Dark Horse was not listed.
- This was likely to surprise the fans that Dark Horse, not included in the game, was added.
- The gameplay takes many elements from the music video.
- The background resembles the one in the music video a lot.
- The dancer is wearing an outfit similar to Katy Perry in the music video.
- The beginning is just like the second verse of the music video.
- The painting at the beginning and at the end of the routine is inspired on the one from the teaser of the official music video.
- The choreography uses a move from the music video.
- The song's avatar is one of the few to have eyebrows.
- There is a total of eleven dancers in the classic mode. However, only three are playable.
- In the song selection menu, four backup dancers can be seen instead of the two playable ones. This is the first time non-playable clone backups are seen in the background of the song selection menu for a song with backups.
- In the gameplay, the line We're down to earth is incorrectly written as But down to earth.
- This routine reuses a move from Call Me Maybe and The Way.
- This is one of three times All I Want for Christmas Is You makes an appearance, with the others being Holding Out for a Hero’s and Summer’s party master modes.
- The lead dancer's choreography is performed by Juliana Casas Herrera.
- On the World Dance Floor, whenever this song is chosen for play without voting, the backup dancers are not selectable. Instead, the player will choose between two topics (like solo routines that were chosen without voting or VIP), and the player will be advised to follow P2.
- In the Mashup, the dancers seem to have been enlarged.
- This is one of the songs selected for the Just Dance 2015 World Cup.
- In the mashup, the unfinished pictogram for Iko Iko appears. This same pictogram also appears in The Fox (What Does The Fox Say?)’s mashup.
- Similar to the VIP of It's My Birthday, the Community Remix does not include pictograms. This is because it only counts scoring for the lead dancer.
- In the Just Dance Now files for this song, there are four beta pictograms. The pictograms for the backup dancers are both in different colors. This could suggest that both versions of the backup dancers were supposed to appear at the same time during the entire routine.
- In the coach selection menu, the coach from She Wolf (Falling To Pieces) is present in the Mashup icon, although the starting coach is actually P2 from this song.
- This is the same case with a few other Mashup icons in the same game, such as Walk This Way.
- As of October 24, 2015, this is the only song by Katy Perry that is not available in Just Dance Unlimited or under the "Katy Perry" Playlist on Just Dance Unlimited.
|Dancing Diva • High Light High Life • Little Apple • Us Under The Sunshine|
|In anderen Sprachen lesen|
| English • Español • Español España • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski|
Pусский • 中文 • 日本語