In der Standard-Version von "The Fox" tanzen ein mänlicher Haupttänzer und zwei weibliche Hintergundtänzer.
The Haupttänzer trägt ein orangenes Fuchskostüm und während des Refrain eine goldene Halskette und eine silberne Jacke. Er hat eine gelbe Außenlinie.
Hintergrundtänzer (P1 und P3)
Die Hintergrundtänzer tragen ein rotes Kleid,einen orang-roten-gepunkteten Rock,einen braunen Gürtel,eine rote Haube,rote Schuhe mit kleinen Absätzen,eine rote Fliege und eine kleine Fuchsmaske. Während des Refrain tragen sie ein grau-transparentes Top,einen kurzen schwarzen Rock,eine schwarze Legging,dunkelgraue High-Heels und eine kleine Fuchsmaske. Sie haben eine hellblaue Außenlinie.
The alternate routine contains a duet of two men.
P1 is wearing a green raccoon hat and spectacles. He is wearing a short-sleeved brown scouts' uniform with badges and pockets and is wearing pulled up socks. He is also wearing shorts and an orange belt.
The second dancer is wearing a big hat similar to Pharrell William's and is wearing the same scouts' uniform, except with long sleeves. His pants look like jeans and are longer than the first dancer's. He is also wearing an orange fanny pack. Both are wearing the same type of socks and shoes.
The routine takes place on a field; when Ylvis sings "__ goes __" the animal appears with a speech bubble saying its noise. (e.g. dog goes woof; dog appears saying Woof) At the chorus, and the second chorus onwards, it changes into a replica of the background of the music video with more dancers behind them. At points, neon fox signs light up on the tree branches.
The routine takes place in a campsite in the woods similar to that of the Classic routine. There is a pitched tent and several lamps. There is light in the tent, and silhouettes of animals described in the first verse of the song appear. (e.g. dog goes woof; dog's silhouette appears)
There are 3 Gold Moves in the Classic routine, one of which is exclusive to P2.
Gold Moves 1 and 2: Make a clawing pose.
Gold Move 3: Swing your arms back and forth (only for P2).
There are 2 Gold Moves in the Campfire routine:
Gold Move 1: Raise your right leg and grab your groin.
Gold Move 2: Same as the first two gold moves for backups of the classic mode, but involves a lean onto each other.
There is only 1 Gold Move in the Mashup:
Gold Move 1: Raise your right arm. (Done with Apache (Jump On It))
The Fox (What Does The Fox Say?) has a mashup. The theme is Shamans, and all the dancers in the Mashup are dressed in tribal costumes.
[GM] - indicates a Gold Move.
- Jin Go Lo Ba (JD)
- Iko Iko (JD2)
- Dagomba (JD2)
- Apache (Jump On It) (JD3) [GM]
- Where Have You Been (JD2014)
- Hey Boy Hey Girl (JD3)
The Fox (What Does The Fox Say?) has a Community Remix.
The following are featured:
- LINMX [USA]
- An4 Cl4r4 Souz4 [Brazil]
- Jared1607 [USA]
- Tiagomonteiro882 [Brazil]
- ana_jupe - 1 [Argentina]
- Aazzlano [USA]
- xandinhovt [Brazil]
- lana2238 [USA]
- Jabscreido [Brazil]
- soofikbm [Argentina]
- PingedPlace8068 [Australia]
- SiViOMango [USA]
- Danyelas [Brazil]
- YoungSinatra619 [USA]
- J-Snav [France]
- nekowolf91 [USA]
- FAHRENHEIT99K [USA]
- Motazpicen [Italy]
- xmichaeldong92 [USA]
- Zz0nkeed [France]
- KbNA_92 [Saudi Arabia]
- cumbercookie32 [USA]
- RayrayTigercub [Canada]
- TEAMO5NINJA [USA]
- David5545 [USA]
- OngoingRogue29 [Taiwan]
- sniperbeam12 [Chile]
- UbiMouss [France]
The Fox appears in the following Mashups:
- Born This Way (Triplets)
- Holding Out for a Hero (Cray Cray Duet)
The Fox appears in Party Master Modes. Here are the captions attributed to his dance moves:
- Fox Caress
- Flying Fox
- As with the On-Stage routine of #thatPOWER, P2 has more gold moves than P1 and P3. P2 has 3 and P1 and P3 have 2 each.
- The song was originally called just The Fox, in the final version of the game they changed the title to The Fox (What Does The Fox Say?)
- The choreography looks like the one from music video.
- The background dancers also bear a resemblance to the ones in the music video.
- The woods scene from the chorus and bridge also resemble the music video.
- The Fox was the second song to have an alternate routine announced, after I Love It.
- However, in a vote to see what new gameplay would be unveiled, this song assumingly came last to Happy’s Sing-Along and I Love It’s Guard Dance.
- However, the full preview gameplay of the Campfire Dance came before the Sing Along.
- Iggy Azalea referenced this song in her video for Black Widow which is also in the same game.
- The dance starts as a storybook that says "What Does The Fox Say?".
- Coincidentally, there is a published storybook titled "What Does The Fox Say?" by Ylvis.
- During the chorus in the campfire dance, the dancers are lip synch-ing the words.
- This is the second time a dancer from a trio is used in an alternate routine, in this case Party Master Mode, having Dark Horse the first.
- Hey Boy Hey Girl’s pictograms fade a "beat" late in the mashup.
- The lead dancer recycles a move from Fine China vs Gentleman toward the end. However, it is mirrored.
- The Campfire Dance is one of the few routines that follows the lyrics: for example, they imitate all animals mentioned in the first verse, and P1 whispers in the ear of P2 during "The secret of the fox" is sung.
- In the Campfire Dance, around the first gold move, they imitate Michael Jackson by tilting their (imaginary for P1) hat, then grabbing their groin. P1 wears a hat, but it doesn't have a rim. P2's hat does, however.
- The lyrics in the beta Community Remix were red; however this was changed to orange in the final version.
- The fox was on the picture by Just Dance for Easter.
- There are two different colors for the Mashup squares which can be found in the files.
- At some point the dancers perform some parts of the official Thriller choreography.
- This is one of the songs selected for the Just Dance 2015 World Cup.
- Raven-Symoné and friends have danced to the mashup of this song.
|Songs in Just Dance 2015|
| 4x4 • Addicted To You • Ain't No Mountain High Enough • Bad Romance • Bailando • Bang Bang • Best Song Ever|
Birthday • Black Widow • Built For This • Burn • Dark Horse • Diamonds • Don't Worry Be Happy • Epic Sirtaki • Fatima
Get Low • Happy • Holding Out for a Hero • I Love It • It's My Birthday • Let It Go • Love Is All • Love Me Again
Macarena • Mahna Mahna • Maps • Me And My Broken Heart • Movement is Happiness (Find Your Thing)
Never Can Say Goodbye • Nitro Bot • Only You (And You Alone) • Papaoutai • Problem • She Looks So Perfect
Speedy Gonzalez • Summer • Tetris • The Fox (What Does The Fox Say?) • Till I Find You • Walk This Way
XMas Tree • You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) • You're On My Mind
|Dancing Diva • High Light High Life • Little Apple • Us Under The Sunshine|
|In anderen Sprachen lesen|
| English • Español • Español España • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski|
Pусский • 中文 • 日本語